This is the story of how Inntiquity, our Indiana country inn, evolved from bare land to an historic bed and breakfast.

Would you believe that our beautiful Indiana accommodations were once a large horse farm?

Long before Inntiquity became an Indiana B&B, Levi Brown started his Percheron imported horse farm on a land grant from Millard Fillmore in 1849. The family maintained the Old Michigan Road toll road on this property, with the tollhouse in a house located across from County Road 100.

The house and the barn were both built in 1849 and faced each other, as the road was not considered important. Although a great-great grandmother, Julia Cappel, inherited the farm in 1888 and moved to Logansport from Plymouth, the property sat empty until 1934 when Helen and George Naftzger made this their home.

In the 1860s, milk cows were added in a section of the barn, and the Pleasant Valley Dairy was operated here until the 1970s. A 1904 painting of the farm showing Pleasant Valley Dairy by Indiana artist Wills Berry hangs in the current-day office.

In the 1980s, there was no longer enough land to farm, and the current Naftzgers were trying to find a way to keep the property in the family for another generation. Because the farm is located in the city of Logansport, IN where there are always things to do and see, it was then that we considered turning the large barn into a country inn, similar to the ones we had seen in California and Virginia. We started to add to our collection of architectural fixtures and antique furnishings by attending auctions, building sales, bankruptcies, and demolitions.

Ten to twelve years later, the redesign was complete, and we opened Inntiquity, A Country Inn to the public, enabling us to host wonderfully interesting guests: some neighbors and some from all over the world! We are excited to treat each and every guest to Indiana hospitality at our inn, and welcome the chance to help plan your events and gatherings.

Welcome to Inntiquity, A Country Inn!